Special Issue Editors
Department of mechanical Engineering, Sri Sairam Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Interests: Processing and properties of composite materials, natural fiber composites: metal matrix composites; machining of composite materials, metal joining: environmental friendly joining: modern manufacturing, optimization, simulation, modeling, and sustainability.
* Correspondence: email@example.com
University Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Bucharest, Romania
Interests: synthesis and characterization of (nano)materials.
Special Issue Information
Aim and Scope: This special collection titled “Reinforced Composite Materials, including natural fiber for Industrial and home applications” aims to collect research articles related to organic fillers, inorganic fillers reinforced metals, and polymers. The composite materials are considered to be a part of human lives in the form of simple utensils and accessories used in homes to organ replacements applied in medical surgeries. Many different variations of metal matrix composites and polymer matrix composites are being developed these days. Furthermore, natural fibers and synthetic or chemically changed fibers are also being used to develop composite materials. The use of composite materials for different products that are being used by humans in their lives is to be presented in this current special collection.
Subtopics: Metal matrix composites for industrial applications; Polymer matrix composites for industrial applications; Composites for home applications; Human life-saving materials; Human assisting materials.
Keywords: Composites; fiber-reinforced; natural fibers: metal matrix: industrial applications; household applications: processing: properties.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 January 2021
Manuscript Submission Information
All submissions to Materials International should be made at firstname.lastname@example.org. The corresponding author has the responsibility of the manuscript during the submission and peer-reviewing process. Please do not forget to state in the email “Subject” the title of this special issue.
- read the Aim & Scope to gain an overview and assess if your manuscript is suitable for this journal;
- use the Microsoft Word Template to prepare your manuscript;
- make sure that issues about publication ethics, copyright, authorship, figure formats, data and references format have been appropriately considered;
- please try to cite only articles with DOI (digital object identifier); also add DOI for each reference;
- please add at least 10 references from the last 2 years (2018-2019) in order to highlight the novelty of your work;
- ensure that all authors have approved the content of the submitted manuscript.
This special issue is now open for submission.