Special Issue Editors
* Correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
CERIS, IST, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Interests: Green cementitious materials; Diagnosis and pathology of buildings and bridges; Service life prediction of building materials and components; Life cycle assessment.
* Correspondence: email@example.com
Polytechnic Institute of Setubal – Barreiro Technology School, Portugal
Interests:Durability of structural materials; Rheology of cementitious composites; Reliability and numerical analysis; Sustainable structures; Development of new structural materials; Textile reinforced concrete; Fiber reinforced concrete.
Special Issue Information
Aim and Scope: Sustainability requires a judicious use of natural resources. Reducing the consumption of natural aggregates and ensuring adequate durability of reinforced concrete infrastructures are major steps towards sustainability. Performance-based Service Life Design and recycled aggregate concrete are intense research fields. Considering the research maturity of each subject on its own, it is time to couple them and deliver knowledge on performance-based Service Life Design for reinforced concrete structures incorporating recycled aggregates. This Special Issue of Materials International constitutes a way to disseminate results and findings from original studies, experimental programs, empirical, analytical and numerical modelling of initiation period (carbonation- and chloride ion-related), propagation period or both (service life). Probabilistic, semi-probabilistic and deterministic approaches are welcome.
Subtopics: Initiation period – carbonation-induced corrosion; Initiation period – chloride-induced corrosion; Propagation period – carbonation-induced corrosion; Propagation period – chloride-induced corrosion; Service life models.
Keywords: durability; corrosion; reinforced recycled aggregate concrete; Service Life Design; carbonation; chlorides; performance indicators
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2020
Manuscript Submission Information
All submissions to Materials International should be made at firstname.lastname@example.org. The corresponding author has the responsibility of the manuscript during the submission and peer-reviewing process. Please do not forget to state in the email “Subject” the title of this special issue.
- read the Aim & Scope to gain an overview and assess if your manuscript is suitable for this journal;
- use the Microsoft Word Template to prepare your manuscript;
- make sure that issues about publication ethics, copyright, authorship, figure formats, data and references format have been appropriately considered;
- please try to cite only articles with DOI (digital object identifier); also add DOI for each reference;
- please add at least 10 references from the last 2 years (2018-2019) in order to highlight the novelty of your work;
- ensure that all authors have approved the content of the submitted manuscript.
This special issue is now open for submission.