Special Issue Editor
* Correspondence: email@example.com
Institute of Materials and Machine Mechanics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Interests: Solar Powder Metallurgy: Concentrated solar power used for for preparation of Ti and Ti composites, solar shock treatment of steel with deposited TiB2 layer, nitridation of Ti using solar furnace. Metal matrix composites, focused on physical and mechanical properties, copper – graphite/CNTS/grahene materials. Ti powder metallurgy, Ti composites. Metallic foams,powder metallurgy route, measurement and modelling of mechanical and physical properties. Electro spark deposition of coating layers such as TiB2, WC-Co, etc., on Ti, Ti alloys, Al, Al alloys, steels.
Special Issue Information
Aim and Scope: Renewable solar energy is one of the possible ways to decrease our impact on climate changes. Recent works worldwide starts to be focusing on applicability of Concentrated Solar Power in all aspects of our activities. A lot of work is done to use Concentrated Solar Power in industrial technologies instead of electrical energy during technological processes for example in desalination, plastic waste treatment, chemical and biological cleaning. Moreover, as indicate already published results of SFERA and SFERA 2 EU funded projects, Concentrated Solar Power can be also used directly in ore preheating, refinement and metallurgy of materials. In addition the solar energy can be used in materials science for sintering, reaction synthesis, heat treatment, surface treatment, composite preparation, welding, etc..
We kindly invite you to submit a manuscript(s) for this Special Issue. Full papers, communications, and reviews are all welcome.
Subtopics: Concentrated solar power; Materials preparation; Industrial technologies; Renewable energy; Climate changes.
Keywords: concentrated solar power; materials science; renewable energy; industrial technologies; metallurgy.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2020
Manuscript Submission Information
All submissions to Materials International should be made at firstname.lastname@example.org. The corresponding author has the responsibility of the manuscript during the submission and peer-reviewing process. Please do not forget to state in the email “Subject” the title of this special issue.
- read the Aim & Scope to gain an overview and assess if your manuscript is suitable for this journal;
- use the Microsoft Word Template to prepare your manuscript;
- make sure that issues about publication ethics, copyright, authorship, figure formats, data and references format have been appropriately considered;
- please try to cite only articles with DOI (digital object identifier); also add DOI for each reference;
- please add at least 10 references from the last 2 years (2018-2019) in order to highlight the novelty of your work;
- ensure that all authors have approved the content of the submitted manuscript.
This special issue is now open for submission.